- Famous Puerto Rican artist Ozuna and his legal counsel confirmed yesterday that he had been "extorted through an intimate video filmed when he was a minor." The video is allegedly of him and other two men.
- Ozuna apologized for it, saying "What happened was a mistake of the past. Like many young people, I made a mistake, fueled by ignorance." He also asked his family for forgiveness.
- Puerto Rican media alleged that the person extorting Ozuna was trap artist Kevin Fret. Kevin Fret was an openly gay rapper/trap singer who was killed early this month. He was shot 8 times while riding his motorbike.
- Fret's death is suspected to be foul play, and some people are signaling Ozuna as a suspect.
- Known woman-beater Don Omar (who said he'd come back to music last year) posted what seems to be a homophobic diss toward Ozuna:
For those wondering, Pato (Spanish for "duck") is often used as a gay slur, especially in Puerto Rico (thanks for the comment, stewie_e). The tweet translates to: "Lunch break! Do any of you eat duck meat? Not me! #SayNoToDuckMeat #ItsHard"
- Bad Bunny answered Don Omar by saying: "Homophobia these days and times? What an embarrassment dude"
homofobia a estas alturas? que vergüenza loco— 👁 (@sanbenito) January 23, 2019
EDIT: It seems like there are two videos, the one circulating in the web was filmed when he was 18/19 and released by a porn company. The one where he was 16 was allegedly under Kevin Fret's possession and that was with what he was extorting Ozuna because they supposedly had a relationship at some point.
Sources: 1 / 2 / 3