Mariano Rivera has become the first baseball player unanimously elected to the Hall of Famehttps://t.co/czp5n7WqAZ— The New York Times (@nytimes) January 22, 2019
- Baseball's Hall of Fame Class of 2019 was chosen today by the Baseball Writers Association of America.
- Being chosen for the HOF is baseball's highest honor.
- Yankees closer Mariano Rivera is the first ever player elected unanimously to the Hall of Fame.
- Edgar Martínez, Mike Mussina and the late Roy Halladay were also elected.
- Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens and Curt Schilling and more all fell below the 75% vote threshold needed to qualify.
I'm a Phillies/Dodgers fan, but Mariano Rivera is an obvious choice. Glad to see Doc in there, too.