pit_fashn (bicth) wrote in ohnotheydidnt,
pit_fashn
bicth
ohnotheydidnt

The Late Capitalism of Kpop




-Despite the fact that South Korea became a liberal democracy in the late 80's, its dictatorship like worth ethic remains.
-Kpop is born on visual media, as opposed to western pop which was born on radio stations.
-Kpop is largely monopolized, with SM Entertainment, YG Entertainment, and JYP Entertainment taking most of the cake.
-"slave contracts" allow for those same companies to keep 90% of the profits, with the remaining 10% divided amongst the group.
-Before you make money you have to pay for your living expenses as a trainee. Only one out of a thousand trainees will actually make it.

s o u r c e


Mods, 'tis an old video but it remains extremely relevant to our present interests. Please accept! and ONTD, please watch the whole thing!
Tags: cpop / jpop / kpop
Subscribe

  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Comments allowed for members only

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

  • 62 comments
Previous
← Ctrl ← Alt
Next
Ctrl → Alt →
Previous
← Ctrl ← Alt
Next
Ctrl → Alt →