- For those of you who haven't watched "You", Penn plays the lead role of Joe Goldberg, a psycho stalker who thinks all his actions are justified in the name of ~love
- Penn says it was too much so he didn't want to do it because he was conflicted by the nature of the role. The creators thought he'd be good for the role because he wasn't psyched to play someone like Joe
- Describes Joe as exceedingly curious, investigative, sensitive, and ultimately traumatized
- In the beginning of the process he had no interest in humanizing the character
- When asked if he was more or less likely to Google someone after the role he says he's never done that (sure jan.gif) because he came into fame so early on, therefore knows what's like to be on the other end of it. Says it gave him a certain kind of discipline or empathy
Have you binge watched this yet, ontd?