Tim Tebow Is Engaged to Former Miss Universe Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters https://t.co/c1OP9z7gWQ— People (@people) January 10, 2019
On Wednesday evening, Former NFL quarterback Tim Tebow, 31, proposed to girlfriend Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters, 23, at his family’s farm outside of Jacksonville.
- Walked the property, stopping by a small lake where he had an arbor and bench (engraved with the date the couple first met)
- Talked "for about five minutes" before he proposed
- As he put the ring on, he said, “This ring is internally flawless. Just like you."
- South African singer Matthew Mole stepped out from behind a hay bale and serenaded the couple with The Wedding Song, one of their favorite songs.
- Tebow had secretly flown Nel-Peters’ family and friends from South Africa to join his parents, siblings and friends for the event
- The group watched from a distance
- Had dinner at a Jacksonville club; family and friends made speeches, Nel-Peters’ father encouraged everyone to “make a circle” around the couple to pray.
Back in 2017, Tebow said: "I’m looking, but I just can’t seem to find anyone. I don’t want to be single; I’m ready to settle down and start a family. I want to have kids. I have so many things I want. No one will be happier than me when I finally find the right person. I’m just looking for someone who has a good heart. They have to be kind, and they have to care about people who can’t do anything for them in return. They have to really love God. My faith is important to me — it’s the most important thing — and I need to be with someone who also shares that faith.”
The rest of the (ridiculous) write-up and pics at the SOURCE.