- Drag queen (under Alexis Stone) + makeup artist Elliot Joseph Rentz has been going on social media pretending to get extreme plastic surgery using silicone prosthetics and makeup for the past few months
- Started the project after he got actual botox for himself and got backlash for looking botched. Fueling the negative comments, he decided to take it further with the transformation/ARTPOP.
- Was inspired by and talked about the project with infamous 'catwoman' Jocelyn Wildenstein
- He had negative comments from the internet (lost 60k followers, then gained 30k after the reveal) and irl ex-boyfriends telling him they were ashamed to have dated him (during the transformation)
- Learned from the reaction/perception, influencing how he sees self worth and beauty in his own views vs. society's
"I love transformation. I love convincing the world of an image. Does that make me a psychopathic liar or just a modern-day drag performer? That's up for the world to decide." https://t.co/vPlLcYa96i— PAPER Magazine (@papermagazine) January 3, 2019
ONTD how would you creatively troll the internet to make a statement?
source: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8