* Daryl Dragon, aka the Captain of Captain & Tennille, passed away today at the age of 76 from renal failure.
* He was the keyboardist of the band and married to Toni Tennille until 2014, when she filed for divorce. Her filing had referenced health insurance coverage, however in Toni's memoir she talked about how Daryl was emotionally distant and even subjected her to bizarre dietary restrictions. Toni said she waited nearly 40 years to file for divorce because she "didn't want people to be disappointed". You can read more about that here.
* Captain & Tennille are best known for their songs "Love Will Keep Us Together", "Muskrat Love", and "Do That To Me One More Time".
* In 2010 Toni wrote about Daryl living with a Parkinsonian neurological condition that caused tremors, preventing him from continuing to play music.
* After the divorce, the two remained on good terms and Toni later moved to Arizona to help take care of him.