After nearly 3 years of investigation, reporters at Buzzfeednews.com have unearthed a ton of new details about the sexual harassment/rape allegations against Neil deGrasse Tyson. I'll try to sum up the most relevant proof/corroboration of each incident from the article:
- In 2010, the 4th accuser met Tyson at a party at the American Museum of Natural History. There, she said Tyson made sexual jokes and propositions that made her extremely uncomfortable. She told 2 friends about it, both of whom confirmed that she did to Buzzfeed. She also produced an old email where she warned her employer against collaborating with Tyson.
- 4 people, 3 of whom were crew members of Cosmos, confirmed that Ashley Watson, Tyson's former assistant on the show in the earlier parts of 2018, told them about the sexual harassment in the months after, and produced texts and emails as proof that she did.
- In 2009, Tyson tried to reach down the front of Katelyn Allers's dress (right after the above photo). A friend of hers as well as another witness who saw the incident confirmed her version of the events to Buzzfeed.
- Tchiya Amet's ex-husband said that Amet had told her some details of her alleged rape by Tyson, when Tyson and her were graduate students in 1984, including that he drugged her. The ex-husband gathered that it was something traumatic, and that the trauma affected their marriage.
- Watson had read the rape allegations on Tchiya Amet's blog, but dismissed them. After her alleged sexual harassment by Tyson, however, she messaged Amet to say she believes Amet.
- In 1983, the year prior to the alleged rape, Amet had to periodically leave school to testify at a murder trial. The combined trauma caused her to drop out.
- Investigators from the producers of Cosmos are set to interview Watson on Wednesday. Neither Allers nor Amet has been contacted by investigators from the show yet, because apparently the investigation is still in early stages.