“All Nick [Jonas] wanted was a possible fling with Hollywood’s latest It Woman, but instead he wound up staring straight at a life sentence with a global scam artist,” writes @mRiah https://t.co/BX5qJPcATf— The Cut (@TheCut) December 5, 2018
New York Magazine's The Cut published an article on Nick Jonas's marriage to Priyanka Chopra that paints Chopra as a "scam artist" willing to do whatever it takes to achieve high profile stardom. "All Nick wanted was a possible fling with Hollywood’s latest It Woman, but instead he wound up staring straight at a life sentence with a global scam artist."
- The writer claims after breaking barriers by being the first major Indian crossover star in America in 2015, Chopra has been doing all she can to climb the ladder of success in Hollywood.
- Doesn't believe the couple's story about meeting through DMs on social media, and that it was arranged by Priyanka Chopra's team.
- Accuses Chopra of pursuing a Hollywood romance to boost her career, and implies Tom Hiddleston was a possible candidate as they were reportedly flirting at an Emmys after-party just before her romance with Nick.
- Portrays Nick as a victim who is "blinded" by love.
- This quote: "At times, marriage can be a beautifully wonderful union that warms even the coldest of hearts, but sadly, this union evokes no such feeling."
Update: The article has now been removed.