- Spotify has collected data of 35 million songs in their database that has a valence score of 0 to 1.
- “Tracks with high valence sound more positive (eg happy, cheerful, euphoric), while tracks with low valence sound more negative (eg sad, depressed, angry)” according to Spotify.
- BBC has compiled their list with the help of Spotify's algorythm and using "negative in mood and lacking energy" to distinguish between a sad song and an angry song.
- Songs are from 1958-2918
5. Still - The Commodores
3. Are You Lonesome Tonight? -Elvis Presley
1. The First Time I Saw Your Face - Roberta Flack