* was one of the headliners for the Route 91 Festival in Las Vegas; performed 2 nights before shooting
* considers himself a "Second Amendment guy" but doesn't "think our forefathers ever thought the right to bear arms was that."
* blames lobbyists and NRA
* "No one should have that many guns[...]No one should have 21 AKs."
* "There are some things we can't stop. Like the disgruntled kid who takes his dad’s shotgun and walks into a high school. But we could have stopped the guy in Vegas."
* country fans are reacting about the way you'd expect them to. Comparing him to Dixie Chicks who faced a firestorm in 2003 for criticizing President Bush. (ya know, 15 years ago)
@ericchurch HEY MORON, NOW YOU CAN TOUR WITH THE DIXIE CHICKS— patrick hennigan (@pthennigan) July 26, 2018
* Church also claims to be a fan of Bernie. "Bernie had a great message. It’s funny: If it had been Bernie versus Trump, I don’t know what I would’ve done. I would’ve at least thought about it more than I did." (wtf)
* voted for Bush in 2004, Obama in 2008, and didn't vote in 2012 or 2016. (Says Obama didn't do anything to "lose him". Met him once, thought he was great.)