- Last week, it was announced that Greta Gerwig would direct a remake of Little Women, which was discussed in this ONTD post.
- It was fairly obvious who the younger actors announced would be playing from the jump: Saiorse Ronan as Jo, Emma Stone as Meg, Florence Pugh as Amy and Timothée Chalamet as Laurie, with Beth's casting TBD.
- The LA Times spoke with Robin Swicord, the screenwriter for the 1994 adaptation and a producer for this one, and she had some additional info.
- Contrary to previous assumptions, Meryl Streep won't be playing the matriach of the March family, Marmie. Instead she'll be playing their wealthy and hard to please aunt, Josephine March.
- Aunt Josephine will be a bigger part in Gerwig's adaptation than it has been in previous iterations, as Gerwig's screenplay will focus more on the time after the sisters leave the family home.
- The screenplay will cut backward and forward in time, centering on the theme of young women entering the adult world rather than being a straightforward narrative adaptation.
- Filming is set to begin October 1st in Boston, with the film aiming for a fall 2019 release date.
The more I hear about this, the more I like it, tbh!