IndieWire asked a few film critics the question "Who is the best young American actor under 30, and why?" Here are five of the answers they received:
- Kiersey Clemons (x3): Has chemistry with everyone else on screen, great comedic timing, and a radiant smile.
- Jennifer Lawrence (x4): She has incredible range, knows what buttons to push in a viewer, she takes risks.
- Ashton Sanders: Performance as Chiron nuanced, his vulnerability would touch even the toughest person.
- Saoirse Ronan (x5, and yes, she is Irish & American): Her seemingly natural acting is the result of several little deliberate choices; she's eloquent and knows the magnitude of her work.
- Noah Schnapp: He's only 13, but the way he portrays the pain his character carries is chilling for his age.
- Notable names that weren't chosen by any of the critics: Kristen Stewart, Lucas Hedges.
- Check out the full list at the source, there are a lot of interesting choices!
Who is your favorite American actor under 30?