Professional nobody and struggling male model Holden Nowell who played Carly Rae Jepsen's “love interest” in the Call Me Maybe video had an interview with iHeartRadio Canada, and oh boy. Somebody hold my E•MO•TION CD! The audacity. Here are choice excerpts from his interview:
• After 2012 when he appeared in the music video, people everywhere recognized him and would call him the Call Me Maybe guy. He got sick of hearing it.
• He says he was in the music video more than Carly herself, and was only paid $500 for the day long shoot despite being told he'd receive royalties from the video. He never got a cent from royalties because his agency was “shady.”
• “I personally don’t have anything positive to say about Carly Rae. She won awards because of that video and she never reached out to me,” says Nowell.
• Nowell admits he wasn't comfortable with the storyline. “The fact that they had to make me gay at the end of the video… it was all very… I didn’t like being known as the gay guy in the ‘Call Me Maybe’ video. It was just something I wasn’t used to.”
• Says the original ending was him kissing the guy at the end, but he wasn't comfortable with it and wasn't doing it for only $500. “I said, ‘You know what? What if instead of me kissing a guy at the end of the video, what if I just give a guy my number or something like that?’”
You can read his full nonsense at the source.
Sources: 1 | 2