Jazz Jennings preparing for gender confirmation surgery in less than a month https://t.co/1KNmI40vaC— Entertainment Weekly (@EW) June 5, 2018
Jazz Jennings, star of the TLC reality show I Am Jazz, has shared big news on YouTube. Below are a few quotes from the video, which contains a lot more detail:
- “It’s coming up so soon. June 26 is when I’m getting the surgery, so like a month away. That is insane. I am so looking forward to it. I’ve been ready for this my entire life.”
- “If I put out this information for people to see, they won’t need to ask anymore questions."
- “It’s crazy to me. I’m going to have new genitalia. Like penis to vagina. That’s some serious s—, y’all."
- “I’m not going to be able to pee standing up anymore, but that’s really the only bad thing about getting this surgery."
- “The only concern I do have is that I’m getting a different procedure. Because I started the blocker so early, I never went through puberty."
- “I trust my surgeons. I feel like I’m in good hands and that they’ll take care of me and that they know what they’re doing."
I am Jazz will document the process, something that Jennings believes is important for other transgender people and their families to see.