– In case you missed it, in response to an interviewer's question asking if Lando is pansexual, Solo: A Star Wars Story co-writer Jonathon Kasdan said, “I would say yes," he emphatically said." There’s a fluidity to Donald and Billy Dee’s [portrayal of Lando’s] sexuality,” Kasdan continued. “I mean, I would have loved to have gotten a more explicitly LGBT character into this movie. I think it’s time, certainly, for that, and I love the fluidity ― sort of the spectrum of sexuality that Donald appeals to and that droids are a part of."
– Lawrence Kasdan was more cryptic, commenting on a scene with the L3 robot making light of Lando "flirting" with Han, “That is her personality. Maybe it means something, maybe it doesn’t." Jonathan also said, "I would have loved to have gotten a more explicitly LGBT character into this movie. I think it's time, certainly, for that."
– Donald Glover responded to a question about this by Sirius XM with another question because this obviously wasn't in the script and the Disney assassins are lying in wait, all while conflating being attracted to aliens to being LGBT: “Yeah! How can you not be pansexual in space? There's so many things to have sex with. I'm serious. I didn’t think that was that weird. Yeah, he’s coming on to everybody. Whatever. He's like a 70's swinger. It didn’t seem that weird to me, because I feel like if you’re in space it’s kind of like, the door is open! It’s [not] like, ‘only guys or girls.’ No, it’s anything. This thing is literally a blob. Are you a man or a woman? Like, who cares? Have a good time out here.”
– Sirius XM asked again: "What happens in space stays in space. So he didn't necessary tell you that, but you had the same vibe on it." Donald responded, "I just feel like... One thing that Billy did say, he was like, "Be charming, you know, he's eclectic. He likes different things. He's somebody that goes around and tries everything." Emilia Clarke then butts in, "Tries to have sex with everything."
– Glover continued after laughing about our societal plight: "I just didn't think about it that much. I was like, "He's a charming person. So I feel like he doesn't have hard and fast boundaries about everything. Having somebody tell me that I'm like, 'Ok. Cool. Makes sense to me.' Is it weird that I didn't think about it that much?" Wow, no one had to think about it during production because it's literally not there – I can't stop crying. We did it kids.
– Lucasfilm specifically has yet to comment and confirm if it's "canon" but like who cares.
( Read more...Collapse )
ONTD, how do you feel about Glover's response? Also, is it a coincidence Disney is framing their black lead this way but insists Han is straight? (no)