Don't come for Paris Jackson. https://t.co/s9milwPkpo— E! News (@enews) May 21, 2018
• Paris Jackson was criticized over social media for not attending the 2018 Billboard Music Awards and missing her aunt Janet Jackson's Billboard Icon Award performance.
• It started when Austin Brown (Rebbie's son) shared a photo of Janet's performance on Instagram. “Couldn't be more proud of my aunt for not only delivering a stellar performance but also showing people greatness is ageless. Congrats on your Icon award.” Paris Jackson replied via a screenshot on Instagram Stories on Monday and wrote “Ditto.”
• Paris then responded to the criticism via Instagram Strories saying: “Dear social media followers, friends, stalkers, lovers and haters, and fellow moonwalkers: Please do not tell me/demands/try to control how I handle my relationship with the people in my life, specifically my family. As amazing and as shitty as things can be, it is no one's business but ours. I understand that some of you feel some sort of connection or need to be a part of our lives considering you watched us grow up. However, I am handling my situation exactly how my father did. And I am happy keeping it that way. I will always have love and respect for my family. ALWAYS. There is nothing more or less than that, that you need to know.”
• Jackson added, “Every family has their moments of trauma, heartbreak, separation, love, oneness, tribe, pain, everything. EVERY FAMILY. My family, specifically, and a good number of others...well, our drama is broadcasted worldwide through media. But that doesn't mean our family issues are any different from yours. Ours are just made public. Every level has another devil. Every life has their own shit to deal with. We ain't inferior or superior to y'all. We're all fucking human. So let's act like it. I appreciate any and every person reading this and I'm grateful for everything in my life, positive and negative.”
• Later and before signing off, Paris added: “Also not to mention, no one from my mgmt reached out to me about attending billboards or about the award, and no one from my family did either. I had absolutely no idea until y'all spammed me with hatred.”
• Her grandmother, Katherine Jackson, brother Prince Jackson and aunt Rebbie Jackson were all in attendance to watch Janet Jackson perform and receive her Icon award.
People need to stop hating on @ParisJackson -- The Jackson family dynamics are complicated with long standing issues that none of us have clear a vision regarding - So just chlll -- IF your family was under a microscope would you all come up smelling like roses.?. It's doubtful. pic.twitter.com/RjCGS5gJ8E— MJJJusticeProject (@MJJJusticePrjct) May 22, 2018
Sources: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4