2) Camilla kept her own house after getting together with Charles so she could have a place to hang out with friends, chain-smoke, be as messy a person as she wanted to be, and not follow royal protocol.
3) Camilla and Charles entered into a relationship when they were in their early twenties (23 and 22 respectively). Camilla was never considered a potential bride, however, because she had several boyfriends before him and was not a virgin. The scandal!
4) It ran in the family: Camilla's ancestor Alice Keppel actually had an affair with King Edward VII. She reportedly flirted with Charles by saying, "My great grandmother and your great-great-grandfather were lovers. So how about it?"
5) The relationship paused when Charles entered the Royal Navy in 1971. Two years later, Camilla married Andrew Parker-Bowles. The two were actually in no hurry to marry until Camilla's father published an engagement notice in The Times for them. His hand forced, Andrew actually proposed to Camilla.
Charles dated a string of women in the 70s and was hounded by the press, but no woman stayed long at this side. By the end of the decade, Charles and Camilla were back together. The Queen was furious ("I will not have that woman near me"), but Prince Philippe thought it was perfectly fine for Charles to have a mistress, so long as she stayed in the background.
6) Lord Mountbatten dissuaded Charles from continuing his affair with Camilla and tried to steer him in the direction of his granddaughter, Amanda Knaxbull (Charles' cousin). In the end Charles proposed to her, but she turned him down.
7) Neither Charles nor Diana wanted to through with the marriage, and it was a disaster from day one. Charles misread a letter from his father as commanding him to marry Diana, when really Philip was telling him that if had to let her go if he didn't want to marry her. Charles was also adrift because Dickie Mountbatten - more of a father figure to him than his actual father - had just died at the hands of the IRA. No one thought this wedding was a good idea, including the bride and groom, and the Archbishop of Canterbury, and yet it still happened.
8) Five years after marrying Diana, Charles rekindled his romance with Camilla. Both were still married at that point.
9) The Queen was livid Charles had an affair and banned Camilla from entering the palace.
10) In 1989, Charles' phone was hacked and the Sunday Mirror actually set up a hotline so that people could call in and hear the tapes for themselves.
Charles: "Oh god. I'll just live inside your trousers or something. It would be much easier!"
Camilla: (Laughs.) "What are you going to turn into, a pair of knickers?" (Both laugh). "Oh, you're going to come back as a pair of knickers."
Charles: "Or, God forbid, a Tampax. Just my luck!" (Laughs.)
Camilla: "You are a complete idiot!" (Laughs.) "Oh, what a wonderful idea!"
11) Camilla only met the Queen in 2000 - thirty years after she first got involved with Charles. In 2005, the Queen gave her blessing for them to marry. "They have come through and I'm very proud and wish them well. My son is home and dry with the woman he loves."
12) Charles and Camilla were friends with Joan Rivers, who once opened a dinner she threw for them by referencing "you lucky bitches who married well."
13) Sometimes Camilla wears wigs to make her giant tiaras more comfortable.
Sources: 1 2 3