Giovanni Arnold, who calls himself an "autograph hound," approached Cardi B for an autograph when she was leaving a Met Gala afterparty around 2am on May 8. According to Arnold:
- She said, “F–k outta here n—a, I will slap the s–t outta you."
- He “expressed his disappointment with being ignored."
- Offset said, “Shut up, bro, before a n—a beat you out here."
- The couple told three of their bodyguards to beat him.
- The beating included punching and stomping on his face while he was on the ground, plus a running jump kick to the head.
- He will be “permanently disabled and disfigured and caused to suffer continuous physical and mental pain and inconvenience" as a result.
After video of the incident spread, Cardi responded in now-deleted tweets: “If you check my tag pics I take a lot of pics with fans. Some people are not fans & sometimes I don’t want no pics and I simply don’t want people too close cause of [my pregnancy...]. I don’t know what are people’s intentions sooo I be careful. Why can’t people respect that?”
Arnold is suing Cardi B, Offset, the three bodyguards, the couple’s management company, and the Mark Hotel outside of which the incident took place (because their security did not get involved).
Source, 2, 3
Have you ever been in a physical fight?