Donald Glover was recently called into question when photos of his white baby momma surfaced.— The Root (@TheRoot) May 11, 2018
Men who make black art often marry white women. Is this a trend or nah? pic.twitter.com/YoS25PasbS
according to the video:
- basically there's been a small controversy (on twitter, primarily) over Donald Glover's white wife. Referenced in this ontd post.
- black men are more than twice as likely as black women to marry someone outside of their own race.
- lists multiple black male artists (e.g. Jordan Peele) who are married/dating white women.
- comments that some black men treat dating or marrying a white woman as a prize/something to aspire to.
- they are not here for 'canceling' Donald Glover because he married a white woman, as they state if they canceled every black man who did so, they might run out of people to stan.
what are y'all thoughts?
also is she white? a few people on here said she's filipino (which i tried briefly googling, found nothing). why isn't he getting any think pieces on his past rape jokes or comments about asian women tbh?