• After being in a five year slump, the freezer aisle is on the come up as millennials are embracing Banquet frozen dinners, Eggo waffles and Stouffer’s frozen dinners.
• Millennials are also starting to embrace more frozen vegetables and meals due to convenience and being far less expensive than going out for dinner.
• Nielsen estimates that annual U.S. sales for frozen foods are at about $53 billion.
• The increase is in part to a record high level of single Americans.
• Frozen foods have also stepped up their look, taste, and quality and in turn have benefited with stronger sales.
• “The average millennial doesn’t have time to make a full meal with fresh meat and produce. More and more they’re seeing these products as viable options,” says Dewey Warner, a market research analyst.
• After struggling for nearly four years, Kellogg Co. saw an in increase in their frozen Eggo waffles thanks in part to the hit Netflix series “Stranger Things.” A telekinetic girl by the name of Eleven (played by actress Millie Bobby Brown) happens to love Eggo waffles and it's her favorite food.
ONTD, what is your favorite frozen foods & dinners for one?