THIS POST IS NOTHING BUT SPOILERS, AS YOU MAY HAVE GLEANED FROM THE TITLE
IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN INFINITY WAR YET, HURRY UP. AND DON'T CLICK THE SPOILER CUT BELOW. TY.
As most of us now know, directors Joe and Anthony Russo kept mostly true to the "Infinity Gauntlet" comic storyline in "Avengers: Infinity War," and the movie ended with everyone's favorite magenta Darkseid ripoff, Thanos, snapping his fingers and extinguishing exactly half the life from the universe. Does this apply to plants and algae and stuff, or just humanoids? What about tentacle monsters or dolphins? Well-trained crows? Just don't give it too much thought, okay, because the point is that he actually killed FEWER Avengers/Guardians of the Galaxy than he did in the comic, where he essentially wiped them all out (along with the X-Men... how rude!).
Anyway, James Gunn recently revealed what Groot, a victim of the "snap," was actually saying as he turned to dust, and the results were so heartbreaking that our team of experts decided to chronicle all the last words of the Guardvengiers at the
Dusted, in alphabetical order:
1. James "Bucky" Barnes/White Wolf: "Steve?"
2. T'Challa/Black Panther: "Up, General, up. This is no place to die."
3. Drax the Destroyer: "Quill!"
4. Groot (translated): "Dad?"
5. Maria Hill: "Nick."
6. Mantis: "Something's happening..."
7. Nick Fury: "Oh, no. Motherfu-"
8. Peter Quill/Star-Lord: "Oh, man."
9. Peter Parker/Spider-Man: "I don't know what's happening. I don't want to go. Please, sir, I don't want to go! I'm sorry."
10. Sam Wilson/Falcon: "We have a Vision situation here!"
11. Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff: "No!"
12. Stephen Strange/Doctor Strange: "Tony. There was no other way."
Busted, in alphabetical order:
13. Gamora (physical form, thrown off big cliff): "No. This isn't love! No!"
13a. Gamora (soul form, trapped in soul stone): "What did it cost?"
14. Heimdall (stabbed): "Allfathers, let the Dark Magic flow through me one last time."
15. Loki (strangled): "You... will never be... a god."
16. Vision (brain ripped out of head): "I love you."
BONUS (rough translation):
Rockin' 90's Pager: "~Your message has been received by: Carol Danvers, Earth's Mightiest Hero!~"
SOURCES: 1, 2, 3
ONTD, do you ever wonder what your [Spoiler (click to open)]last words will be?
What if they're something dumb? Wouldn't that suck?