• Former country singer turned Pop star Taylor Swift kicked off her reputation Stadium Tour (Swift would like you to emphasize on stadium) last night in Glendale, AZ.
• Other than her new music off reputation, Taylor has remained mostly mum on the aftermath of her social media backlash with Kanye West and Kim Kardashian West, until last night when she sat by the piano to give words of encouragement to her fellow Swifties.
• “You might be wondering why there are so many snakes everywhere, huh? A couple of years ago, someone called me a snake on social media and it caught on. Then a lot of people were calling me a lot of things on social media. And I went through some really low times for awhile because of it. I went through some times when I didn’t know if I was going to get to do this anymore. I guess this means I wanted to send a message to you guys that if someone uses name calling to bully you on social media, and even if a lot of people jump on board with it, that doesn’t have to defeat you. It can strengthen you instead. And I think something that came out of it that was good is that I learned a really important lesson that I’ve been telling you from the stage for about 10 years, but I never had to learn it so harshly myself — and that lesson has to do with how much you value your reputation.”
• Swift concluded with: “I think that the lesson is that you shouldn’t care so much if you feel misunderstood by a lot of people who don’t know you, as long as you feel understood by the people who do know you; the people who will show up for you, the people who see you as a human being. So thank you, thank you, thank you for taking the time to get to know me. For seeing me as a human being.”
• The two-hour stadium show touched on nearly every song off reputation like recent singles Delicate and the newly announced Getaway Buick in addition to classics, such as Love Story, You Belong With Me, and All Too Well.
• Tiffany Haddish makes a quick cameo on screen during Look What You Made Me Do to answer the phone and say the infamous, “I'm sorry, the old Taylor can't come to the phone right now. Why? Oh, 'cause she's dead!”
• For more from Swift's reputation Stadium Tour opening night, check behind the cut(s).
TAYLOR SWIFT DID THAT THE SNAKE DID THAT TIFFANY DID THAT pic.twitter.com/vPfFTxLlYP— h (@chalametswift) May 9, 2018
THE QUALITY pic.twitter.com/CTASQ13ten— austin (@drivingmewiId) May 9, 2018
I'm bald pic.twitter.com/RogICy29vO— nat (@nat_nieIsen) May 9, 2018
ONTD, are you attending the reputation Stadium Tour this Summer?
Sources: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14