THE DEVIL AND FATHER AMORTH
William Friedkin's new film, The Devil and Father Amorth, is now out in a limited release!
.@WilliamFriedkin on whether the THE EXORCIST (‘73) is a horror film or not.— TCM (@tcm) April 21, 2018
His latest film #DevilAndFatherAmorth is in theaters now and is on-demand & digital platforms April 24. @DevilAndFather pic.twitter.com/nrLmtnI9yo
- In the short clip, Friedkin says that the purpose of The Exorcist film was the mystery of faith, based on something that was said to have happened.
- He also discusses how in the film, he tried to rationalize what was going on, and that if it was demonic possession, then it was directed at the priest losing his faith, and not Regan.
The Atlantic's review of The Devil and Father Amorth is worth a read!
Ellen Page's new film, The Cured, has just been released in Ireland (where it was filmed) and it's getting critical acclaim.
The Cured: Tom Vaughan-Lawlor and Ellen Page in an ingenious debut https://t.co/P8fNbZcaEt— Irish Times Culture (@IrishTimesCultr) April 20, 2018
- It's "David Freyne’s ingenious, sombre debut"
- The film is about a cure for flesh-eating zombies, giving them reentry into society. Ellen Page plays a widow whose brother is one of the cured.
- Also stars Sam Keely and Tom Vaughan Lawlor.
- He discusses not being a fan of horror, but thought that the film's premise of being set at the end of the outbreak, rather than the beginning, was "clever."
- A former snob horror, he now says, "I'm in total awe of people who work a lot in that genre, because of the intensity that's required, you're kind of at the extreme all the time."
- He'll also be in Avengers: Infinity War, playing Ebony Maw, an extraterrestrial member of Thanos' Black Order.
Filmmaker Andy Nyman recently shared what may be his favorite review yet of the film. It's a 7 minute long review, enjoy!
[Spoiler (click to open)]
Here's where you can watch Ghost Stories on demand.
Ghost Stories is currently certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes, and The Village Voice claims that Ghost Stories debunks myth that horror anthology can't be excellent (who said that dot gif) and "ultimately, it’s the acting that sells this anthology."
YOU SHALL NOT SLEEP
Tribeca film festival twitter account tweeted: "No film at
WHAT WE DO IN THE SHADOWS follow-up?
Actor Jemaine Clement responded to a fan on Twitter, writing that "#WellingtonParanormal" is coming in June.
THE DEAD FILES
Some stills from the new episode of The Dead Files:
True Horror given viewer warning by Channel 4 as new real-life paranormal show proves to be scariest EVER https://t.co/h7hgfE2KZY— Daily Mail U.K. (@DailyMailUK) April 19, 2018
- The docudrama series premiered this past Thursday night
- The disclaimer for the series states, "scenes of paranormal activity may disturb viewers"
Here's the New York Times obituary for recently deceased Art Bell, who pioneered paranormal radio.
SOURCES 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
This post brought to you by me and loglady!!!