– Earlier today in Anaheim, California, Kingdom Hearts fans gathered for the official Dandelion Meeting convention, centered around the mobile game Kingdom Hearts: Union Cross X, but also offered more Kingdom Hearts III footage ft. panels of series veterans like director Tetsuya Nomura.
– KH3 will feature "Classic Kingdom" shown in the trailer above, where Sora be able to play over 20 retro-styled minigames on an LCD screen, styled after classic games or Mickey Mouse shorts. "Giantland" is one such minigame, based on the Jack and the Beanstalk animated short with Mickey. Footage features Hayner, Pence and Olette with new outfits in a remade area of Twilight Town.
– These games will be collectable as you play throughout KH3, in the style of the 100 Acre Wood pages. As we all know, so no more commenting how it's never coming out it's been 84 years.gif there will be a delay et. al, KH3 is coming out later this year, and "Classic Kingdom" will also be available to play on the mobile KHUX game, said to launch shortly before KH3.
– PVP Mode is in the works for KHUX. A brand new world for KHUX will be introduced soon not seen in any other games. Nomura said that a character from that world will appear as a summon in KH3.
– More footage was shared with fans at the event, including art design discussion. Recording was banned and one guy got kicked out by Nomura's assassins for trying to do so, RIP we will never forget your bravery.
– Expect more promotion and trailers as the year goes on. Coverage below the cut.
Our first ever KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ[Cross]: Dandelion Meeting is officially over! It was a blast to see our amazing community, and we can't wait to see everyone else again! Have a great night! #KHUXDM pic.twitter.com/CwxD4Oeagh— KINGDOM HEARTS UX (@kh_ux_na) April 16, 2018
An amazing announcement from Franchise Director Tetsuya Nomura! Lucky players in KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ[Cross] can make their mark in KINGDOM HEARTS III!— KINGDOM HEARTS UX (@kh_ux_na) April 16, 2018
Details will be revealed at 8PM in our in-game notice! It's time to become immortalized in KINGDOM HEARTS! #KHUX pic.twitter.com/aWie6qgrRf
Tai Yasue recorded a message about Giantland in KH3, which was made completely in UE4. There will be over 20 of LCD-type minigames in KH3! Carnival stuff, collecting eggs by rearranging pipes, and more! And they are playable HERE. At the #KHUxDM. TODAY!https://t.co/fYHCHV6kFH— KH13.com (@KH13com) April 15, 2018
Curious about the series? Wanna play the games or catch up on the ones you missed, but don't know where to start? Check out my ONTD Original three part guide: (one, two, three)
ONTD, does it feel real yet?
Sources: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12