Josh Charles to make Broadway debut opposite Armie Hammer in Straight White Men https://t.co/BdZGNUJHEH— Entertainment Weekly (@EW) April 5, 2018
- Josh Charles (The Good Wife) is set to star opposite Armie Hammer in Young Jean Lee's play Straight White Men.
- The plot: It’s Christmas Eve, and Ed has gathered his three adult sons to celebrate with matching pajamas, trash-talking, and Chinese takeout. But when a question they can’t answer interrupts their holiday cheer, they are forced to confront their own identities. Obie Award-winning playwright Young Jean Lee takes a hilariously ruthless look at the classic American father-son drama. This is one white Christmas like you’ve never seen before.
- The show, which debuted at The Public in 2014, is being directed by Anna D. Shapiro and staged at the Hayes Theater by Second Stage Theater. Previews begin on June 29th, and it opens July 23rd.
- Other cast members include Kate Bornstein (I Am Cait), Ty DeFoe (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) and Tom Skeritt (Picket Fences). They have yet to cast the third brother.
- This is the first time a play written by an Asian-American woman is being produced on Broadway.
Source 1 2
I've been wondering who else was gonna be in this! Probably gonna check it out if I am in town during its run.