Oliver Hudson says his 2015 public Father's Day diss actually helped reconnect him with his estranged father, Bill. https://t.co/KyeSIranZo— Us Weekly (@usweekly) March 27, 2018
- In 2015, Oliver Hudson, brother of Kate Hudson, posted a photo of his sister and himself as kids with their biological father, Bill. He captioned the photo: "Happy abandonment day." This was in reference to his and Kate's estranged relationship with Bill.
- Bill and Goldie Hawn, the mother of Kate and Oliver, split up in 1980. Goldie then met Kurt Russell in 1983, and the two are still together as of today. Kurt raised Kate and Oliver as his own children.
- Oliver's Insta post upset Bill, who claims he and Goldie were on good terms after they broke up. Yet once Kurt appeared, Bill says a new narrative was spun where Bill was an absentee father. Bill's initial reaction to Oliver's Insta post: "He is dead to me now. As is Kate. I am mourning their loss even though they are still walking this earth."
- During a recent Larry King Now interview, Oliver said of the Instagram incident: "It helped us with our relationship. So, now we’re kind of keeping in touch."
- No word on if Kate and Bill have reconnected as well.