- Spanish prosecutors accused Xabi Alonso of tax fraud,
- they claim he owes nearly €2m ($2.4m; £1.7m) and want to fine him also €4m,
- allegedly he failed to declare earnings from his image rights,
- Alonso denies any wrongdoing,
- player's financial adviser and the manager of the Portuguese company used to avoid tax are also facing the same sentence,
- the Madrid court in charge of the investigation reopened the case in 2017,
- among other football players accused of tax evasion in Spain are: Ronaldo, Messi and Marcelo.
ontd, do you pay your taxes?