Cate Blanchett Departs Ivo van Hove ALL ABOUT EVE; Gillian Anderson in Talks to Starhttps://t.co/9IGQ93dar7— BroadwayWorld (@BroadwayWorld) March 15, 2018
- Ivo van Hove (A View From the Bridge) is bringing a play adaptation of the classic film All About Eve to the West End in 2019.
- Originally, Cate Blanchett was set to star, but it's been reported she has to drop due to scheduling issues.
- Gillian Anderson is in talks to take over the role of Margot Channing.
- Roundabout Theater Company is producing True West, the classic Sam Shepard play, at the American Airlines Theater beginning in December 2018.
- Ethan Hawke and Paul Dano are set to play the estranged brothers who reunite at their mother's California home.
- A previous Broadway production in 2000 starred Philip Seymour Hoffman and John C. Reilly, who alternated the roles of the brothers.
Lin-Manuel Miranda and Ben Platt combined forces for the March Hamildrop "Found/Tonight", which is a mash-up of "Story of Tonight" from Hamilton and "You Will Be Found" from Dear Evan Hansen. A portion of the proceeds from sales of the single will benefit the March for Our Lives initiative.
Source 1 2 3
Love her, but I really hope Gillian is better in All About Eve than she was in A Streetcar Named Desire.