I am interested in promoting a definition of beauty that is happier and more joyful and gives any woman (no matter their age) the opportunity to embrace their own style – rather than following rules. Unretouched picture of me shot by the brilliant @therealpeterlindbergh for @lancomeofficial and its new campaign.
- Isabella Rossellini is back as the face of Lancôme at 65, 23 years after being fired from the brand for being "too old"
- She talks about the re-hiring on the video below, for Skavlan TalkShow. At the time of her firing in 1995, the company told her she was becoming too old to represent them since "women dream of being young". She wanted to meet with Lancôme executives to show them she had aged, and was surprised to meet with a women CEO. François Lehman told her "women felt excluded, they felt rejected. And we want to change the communication and include all women and define beauty differently than looking young"
- She feels having a woman CEO makes a big difference on Lancôme change of position.
- Her campaign will not be retouched.
Lancôme, in partnership with the NGO CARE, is supporting worldwide literacy programs to help young women living with illiteracy to turn their lives around. Show your support like Isabella Rossellini (@isabellarossellini) Write your name so she can write her future. Follow the link in bio. @careorg #Lancome #DeclaringHappiness #WriteHerFuture #CommittedTogether #HappierTogether
- Here is one of her original ads
SOURCE 2 3 4