SCOOP: ICE spokesman resigned because he believed the Trump administration falsely said 800 people eluded arrest due to Oakland Mayor Schaaf's warning. Details here: https://t.co/XZdk8eDuZ3— Hamed Aleaziz (@Haleaziz) March 13, 2018
– San Francisco Spokesman for ICE James Schwabb resigned from his position on Monday after the agency's recent northern Californian sweep, in which officials lied about a key aspect of the operation. At 38 years old, he was hired in 2015.
– James Schwabb told the San Francisco Chronicles on Monday he was frustrated by repeated statements from official individuals, including Jeff Sessions, that around 800 undocumented immigrants escaped arrest because Oakland's mayor Libby Schaff issued a warning about the four-day operation on Feb. 24th, the night before agents started knocking on doors. President Trump claimed it was around 1,000 undocumented immigrants. This ICE operation was called "Keep it Safe".
– Schwabb: “I quit because I didn’t want to perpetuate misleading facts. I asked them to change the information. I told them that the information was wrong, they asked me to deflect, and I didn’t agree with that. Then I took some time and I quit.”
– Schwabb said the widely circulated claims about immigrants escaping arrest were misleading “because we were not ever going to be able to capture 100 percent of the target list”, and “I didn’t feel like fabricating the truth to defend ourselves against (Schaaf’s) actions was the way to go about it. We were never going to pick up that many people. To say that 100 percent are dangerous criminals on the street, or that those people weren’t picked up because of the misguided actions of the mayor, is just wrong.”
– A Washington Spokesperson for ICE did not respond directly for comment, but directed reporters to head of ICE Thomas Homan's previous statement during the operation, “864 criminal aliens and public safety threats remain at large in the community, and I have to believe that some of them were able to elude us thanks to the mayor’s irresponsible decision.”
– In San Diego today, Trump visited border wall prototypes even though he still has no money to actually build it. Trump said, "The larger it is, the better it is because it’s very hard to get over the top. It’s really deterrent from getting over the top. Who would think, who would think. But getting over the top is easy. These are like professional mountain climbers.” During a rally in Pennsylvania last Saturday, he said Mexican president President Enrique Peña Nieton asked him to issue a statement Mexico won't pay for it. Instead he attacked Democrats for refusing to use tax payer money for the funds.
– Trump argues that San Diego needs the wall, and that without it, people still start to move out of California "soon". This was his first visit to the state as president and home of governer Jerry Brown (D), who recently said in filing a response to a DOJ lawsuit against the state on immigration, “The Trump administration is full of liars.” So naturally Trump attacked him and sanctuary cities. “Gov. Brown has done a very poor job. They have some of the highest taxes. The place is totally out of control. You have sanctuary cities where have you criminals living in the sanctuary cities.”
Trump wants a large border wall because immigrants "are like professional mountain climbers"https://t.co/DF1j2kVTBx— Adrienne Mahsa Varkiani (@AdrienneMahsa) March 13, 2018
Let’s pay attention to THIS https://t.co/LGhavtHkhF— Judd Apatow (@JuddApatow) March 13, 2018
ICE needs to be wiped off the face of the Earth. Refund them and then deport all the ICE agents. Any Democrat against defunding ICE can go fuck themselves.— Dave Anthony, LLC. (@daveanthony) March 12, 2018
So even a spokesman for ICE cant abide by this administration’s lies about immigrants. https://t.co/u2Uljrbryx— John Henson (@John_Henson) March 13, 2018
ICE spokesman resigned today, saying he could no longer spread lies for Trump administration https://t.co/XQzxaWr1yk— Mia Farrow (@MiaFarrow) March 13, 2018
Trump has no funding for this wall. He’s not allowed by law to influence selection - which doesn’t matter anyway because Congress hasn’t allocated construction funds. This is a political stunt to mask a failed promise during a special election in PA.https://t.co/VBgt7OYV8I— Beau Willimon (@BeauWillimon) March 13, 2018
News today: @realDonaldTrump to visit prototypes of his border wall.— Rep. Pramila Jayapal (@RepJayapal) March 13, 2018
Also news: 60% of Americans don’t want a wall. Not only is it a huge waste of taxpayer money, it just won’t work.https://t.co/UHizsaunPM
SCOOP (#2): San Francisco County Jail let ICE inside its facility to interview an inmate -- a violation of both sheriff's policy and California sanctuary law. https://t.co/Te3aRIlQUD— Hamed Aleaziz (@Haleaziz) March 13, 2018
“I quit because I didn’t want to perpetuate misleading facts.” James Schwab. ICE spokesman resigns, citing fabrications by agency chief, Sessions about Calif. immigrant arrests https://t.co/1JEviHwZoJ pic.twitter.com/lxHPlkAflu— Rucha Chitnis (@ruchachitnis) March 13, 2018
READ THIS STORY------->>> The AL sheriff who oversees ICE detention center has pocketed $750K in state & federal funds that was supposed to be used to feed detainees & inmates. Great reporting @ConnorASheets @aldotcom https://t.co/WXpy6imXJb— Nina Martin (@ByNinaMartin) March 13, 2018
ICE's chief notches another lie, this time claiming agents don't arrest 'innocent people' (they do). https://t.co/h1cPLz8mJG— Gabe #DreamActNow Ortíz (@TUSK81) March 13, 2018
ICE has kept a 7 year old captive & alone for FOUR MONTHS with no parents around.— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@Ocasio2018) March 12, 2018
This is cruel and unusual punishment. The Eight Amendment strictly prohibits government from acting this way.
THIS is what we need to “shut down until we figure out what’s going on.” Defund ICE. https://t.co/l47AcpudDZ
A guard at a privately-run ICE contractor sexually assaulted a woman and then ICE tortured her in order to get her to retract her claim that she had been sexually abused. https://t.co/M7XCWQ0x0T— abolish ice. subscribe to my newsletter. (@SeanMcElwee) March 13, 2018
“Each deportation conducted by ICE costs taxpayers an average of $10,854” https://t.co/j2pM5EQek7— Samuel Sinyangwe (@samswey) March 11, 2018
Wrote about Kamala Harris’ weak and unacceptable position on ICE https://t.co/fMHJUI1EwJ— Jack Mirkinson (@jackmirkinson) March 9, 2018
Source just texted me: "Imagine running Exxon-Mobil for decades and being a titan of the world and then being fired by Donald Trump on Twitter."— Josh Dawsey (@jdawsey1) March 13, 2018
congratulations guys we did it pic.twitter.com/1HDPSnB8bD— Adam H. Johnson (@adamjohnsonNYC) March 13, 2018
How many of these Democrats, all of whom voted to confirm Pompeo as CIA director, feel they've learned something in the last 14 months? pic.twitter.com/kJrvkLrFtZ— Mark Harris (@MarkHarrisNYC) March 13, 2018
Trump’s new pick for CIA head Gina Hapsel was involved in Bush-era torture policy. She oversaw the torture of Abu Zubaydah and Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri and later took part in an order to destroy videotapes documenting their brutal interrogations at a secret prison in Thailand. https://t.co/kXFhQX11f3— Jamil Dakwar (@jdakwar) March 13, 2018
The latest Trump aide to be let go, John McEntee, was Trump's hairspray guy, always ready with a comb and some stiff spray. White House aides never saw him drink, and he was regularly seen praying. He told people he resigned. https://t.co/4OciFmL0JV— Jennifer Jacobs (@JenniferJJacobs) March 13, 2018
ONTD, have you ever made promises you can't keep? Politics post 🔥
Sources: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26