A Wrinkle in Time reviews tesser between 'thrilling' and 'heartbreaking disappointment' https://t.co/qro6a2dd9W— Entertainment Weekly (@EW) March 7, 2018
– The social media embargo for the film lifted on February 27th, but not everyone who went to Disney's screening shared their thoughts, the buzz quieted down. People have been unsure if that was a good or bad thing, since these days it could either secretly 100% mean it was bad and people are relucant to criticize the film bc Disney or be part of a hollywood conspiracy to convince people it's good.
– Reception has been mixed. While most agree the film is beautiful to look at, criticisms specify flat pacing and pathos, lack of cohesive story, and awkward transitioning between action and visual effect set pieces. Headline descriptors range between "Radiant Miracle", "Disappointment," and "Gorgeous and Well Intentioned Mess".
– Is currently at 51% on Metacritic and 44% on Rotten Tomatoes.
– The general take seems to be it's a flawed but fun children's adventure film with an important heroine, one that Duvernay made to fill the space she didn't see for herself in science fiction and fantasy when she was young. Whether or not the film is for you extends from there.
– The film releases March 9th.
'A Wrinkle In Time' is a series of affirmations in search of a story https://t.co/ZQLGtbyDjZ— Vince Mancini (@Filmdrunk) March 7, 2018
"A Wrinkle in Time has given children the gift of inclusivity, where nothing—not their gender, not their family history, not their hometown, and not their skin color—is a limitation to who they can become." My latest on Marie Claire on #WrinkleinTime : https://t.co/zgtpuM1HZ8— Yolanda Machado (@SassyMamainLA) March 7, 2018
“A Wrinkle in Time” is faithful to the affirmative, democratic intelligence of the book, our critic A.O. Scott writes https://t.co/4ISWz6dega— New York Times Arts (@nytimesarts) March 7, 2018
A WRINKLE IN TIME is a pretty good kids' movie. Adults maybe not as much. REVIEWED: https://t.co/adkC6SWBMN— jesse (@rockmarooned) March 7, 2018
A Wrinkle in Time review – Ava DuVernay's fantasy is a glittery disappointment https://t.co/31SK0QQ2Xo— The Guardian (@guardian) March 7, 2018
'A Wrinkle in Time' review: Ava DuVernay fantasy is a stunnerhttps://t.co/x3ISmGtXFC— Mashable (@mashable) March 7, 2018
A Wrinkle in Time is a disappointing mess with bursts of camp surrealism: EW review https://t.co/aqm9q6fAer— Entertainment Weekly (@EW) March 7, 2018
Review: Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle In Time' Is A Radiant Miracle https://t.co/nBPv1rqiSt— pajiba (pronounced with a long i) (@pajiba) March 7, 2018
I haven't seen A Wrinkle in Time. I don't know how it is! But dear lord, white dude critics, don't do this pic.twitter.com/Ed1qp1jduT— Kristin Hunt (@kristin_hunt) March 7, 2018
A WRINKLE IN TIME is a big disappointment. https://t.co/6m3dHcKZ1e— Matt Singer (@mattsinger) March 7, 2018
"It’s a film ... that is so pure, to the extent it’s almost jarring to take in given all that’s going on in the world and how jaded we’ve allowed entertainment to become," writes @kpfallon of A @WrinkleInTime, directed by— The Daily Beast (@thedailybeast) March 7, 2018
none other than @ava https://t.co/CFkjJnfZoK
BGN Film Review: ‘A Wrinkle In Time’ https://t.co/rHDkbbeKeC— Black Girl Nerds (@BlackGirlNerds) March 7, 2018
ONTD, are you going to see it? (the gif is here for no other reason then I think it's hilarious oprah looks like ansem from kingdom hearts)
Sources: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26