– Eighteen year old Sophia robb snapped her retainer by clenching her jaw really hard when she saw Black Panther in theaters. After noticing a tweet that went viral containing screenshots of the story on Tumblr, she zoomed in on the avatar and noticed it was her orthodonist sharing the story online. Buzzfeed contacted her after her tweet reached hundreds of thousands of likes.
– Sophia: "So it was the scene where Killmonger took his shirt off for the battle to become king of Wakanda. I pressed my tongue against my permanent retainer and clenched my jaw so hard that the wire disconnected from my teeth."
– She was scared she would embarass herself when explaining what happened but felt okay after she got to the office: "When I told them they laughed, obviously, but it was super sweet and of course it made a great story."
– Buzzfeed asked the orthodonist Robb if he'd breached any sort of confidentiality but he said he didn't reveal any horrifying details: "I think people who are like 'you exposed yourself' are hilarious because of course I did! It’s a funny story and I’m not embarrassed about it. If anything it speaks to how great of a movie Black Panther is."
– People have been laughing and reacting to Sophia's story, asking if she still plans on going to that orthodontist. "yes he's a real one."
– Sophia is biracial has seen Black Panther twice because it's amazing seeing a screen full of black actors. "It honestly was worth breaking my retainer over."
– UPDATE: Jordan responded on his twitter below.
Wait. That girl is me. That is my orthodontist’s tumblr. This is a post about me? I’m going to kill myself https://t.co/ErDqESPrWj— Sophia (@pixyrue) March 5, 2018
this is litterally my orthodontist and he's the chillest person i have ever met even though he eXPOSED ME ON THE INTERNET pic.twitter.com/g16PSMJPSC— Sophia (@pixyrue) March 5, 2018
great, this is how i die pic.twitter.com/nPgePxrqW2— Sophia (@pixyrue) March 5, 2018
Can we get @michaelb4jordan to see this please— Sophia (@pixyrue) March 5, 2018
I hate y’all pic.twitter.com/3x2c8TdXzH— Sophia (@pixyrue) March 6, 2018
yes he's a real one— Sophia (@pixyrue) March 5, 2018
Of all people, @michaelb4jordan was worth it and I hope he sees this— Sophia (@pixyrue) March 5, 2018
was it worth it? i bet it was— Sophia (@pixyrue) March 5, 2018
"So what if I make tumblr posts about my patients, they're never going to find out about my pag-" pic.twitter.com/qNcvFowes3— Jiggy 🎭 (@Jackel_Ramzilla) March 6, 2018
gotta get a vibranium retainer next time— Guy O'Tine (@tservo42) March 5, 2018
.@pixyrue since I feel partly responsible for breaking your retainers 🤷🏾♂️ let me know if I can replace them 😅— Michael B. Jordan (@michaelb4jordan) March 6, 2018
My daughter, Ladies and Gentlemen! https://t.co/cxBfxZjDgb— Charlie Robb (@crobb149) March 6, 2018
Indeed, everyone, she is OK. Furthermore, I can assure you all that her family has already set aside funds sufficient to purchase yet another retainer, in anticipation of Mr. Jordan's next film. Rest easy.— Charlie Robb (@crobb149) March 6, 2018
I’m your dad. I got woked before dawn. I dragged this, tossed that. I texted and tweeted. I owned some shit. I got owned here and there. AND I followed your shenanigans all God dammed day on the Twitter Machine. That’s what dads do. Now I want a scotch.— Charlie Robb (@crobb149) March 6, 2018
Michael B Jordan replied to my DM wow this is the best day of my life— Sophia (@pixyrue) March 6, 2018
if y'all don't leave this man be pic.twitter.com/HHeL0x6ziL— Sophia (@pixyrue) March 6, 2018
Me right now knowing that my retainer is fixed and my bills are paid pic.twitter.com/NsUdpVlcin— Sophia (@pixyrue) March 7, 2018
ONTD, do you have any #relatable thirst stories? Has anyone ever shared accounts about you online?