L ast night were the 2018 BRIT Awards in London at the O2 Arena. But did you know 9 years ago at that very same award show two unlikely performers shared the stage to pay tribute to one of the greatest musical acts to come out of the UK? Let us highlight a moment not too many people Stateside are famiiar with. Did you know that a fresh new face to the music scene, Stefani Germanotta, aka Lady Gaga, shared the stage with a young Brandon Flowers from royal band The Killers? Stefani (in between The Fame and The Fame Monster eras) and Brandon Flowers (during the Day & Age era) got together to pay tribute to The Pet Shop Boys at the 2009 BRIT Awards. Let's take a throwback look on this #ONTDThrowbackThursday shall we?
1. Suburbia (with Lady Gaga)
2. Left to My Own Devices (with Lady Gaga)
3. Always on My Mind (Brenda Lee cover with Lady Gaga)
4. Go West (Village People cover with Lady Gaga)
5. What Have I Done to Deserve This? (with Lady Gaga)
6. I'm With Stupid (with Brandon Flowers)
7. Being Boring (with Brandon Flowers)
9. It's a Sin (with Brandon Flowers)
10. All Over the World (with Brandon Flowers)
11. West End Girls (with Lady Gaga & Brandon Flowers)
Just over 9 years ago, Pet Shop Boys performed a 10 minute medley of their hits and they also won the Outstanding Contribution To Music Award. 😃😍😍💙💖💜🖤❤️💚👍👍🏆🏆🎤🎤 #PetShopBoys #BRITAwards2009 #LadyGaga #BrandonFlowers #OutstandingContrubtionToMusic #BritAwards pic.twitter.com/DhxDSXsikY— Neil Tennant Lover 😍💙 (@NTAdmiration) February 19, 2018
ONTD, what's your favorite performance(s) from Gaga & BFlow?
Sources: 1 | 2