• Merely a minuscule selection of 'Black Panther' products are available, and mostly at indie retailers (listed at the source)
• The article notes that "you can buy Avengers sunscreen and Batman No More Tears shampoo at any Target or Walmart with ease" despite the quality of what those movies may be, yet the widely praised 'Black Panther' gets generic T-shirts and lackluster offerings.
"We've never been in a position where companies really cared about our opinions on marketing, let alone been the focus of said marketing attempts. They love our money and our culture, but only when it benefits them." — Raven Smith, CBR Author
• Hasbro picked up the license to design, produce and distribute toys based on the Power Rangers media franchise
• Bandai had been the main Power Rangers toy licensee since the '90s, but the Power Rangers rights holder parted ways with the toymaker
• Hasbro will not have control over the Power Rangers toy market in Japan likely due to the intertwined history between Power Rangers and the Japanese series it is based on – the Super Sentai franchise.
• Will all be made official April 1, 2019
• DC announced their plan to produce Watchmen comic-version collectible action figures for the first time (from 'Doomsday Clock')
• Previous collectibles were based on the 2009 film
• There are too many films that no one, not even Hasbro, is checking for
• 'The Last Knight' was a flop and the entire live-action cinematic universe is nowhere to be seen in Hasbro promos through 2021
• Michael Bay was apparently cooking up 14 Transformers stories before he ditched the dying (dead?) franchise altogether lmao
• bye tbh
Sources: Black Panther, Power Rangers, Watchmen, Transformers,
there is some drama in the toy business, man