- Olympian and scat-lover Shawn White has made history as the athlete to win the 100th gold metal for the US team. He currently has 3 gold medals.
- White's got a history of sexual harassment, and NBC is ignoring said claims. A woman named Lena Zawaideh sued White in 2016, claiming sexual harassment, in addition to wrongful termination and wage disputes. She alleges that White “repeatedly sexually harassed [Zawaideh] and forced his authoritarian management style on her for over seven years.”
- According to the suit, “White sent sexually explicit and graphic images to Zawaideh of engorged and erect penises, forced her to watch sexually disturbing videos, including videos sexualizing human fecal matter, and made vulgar sexual remarks to her such as, ‘Don’t forget to suck his balls!’ when commenting on her boyfriend. At one point, White stuck his hands down his pants, approached Zawaideh, and stuck his hands in her face trying to make her smell them. Another time, White put his buttocks directly in Zawaideh’s face. Still another time, White grabbed Zawaideh’s buttocks shortly after leaving practice for the day.”
- He also demanded her to cut her hair, wear revealing clothing exposing her breasts, and sent racist explicit images of black men in text messages.
- White's band also harassed her, and in 2014, White became incredibly hostile after failing to win a gold medal at Sochi.
- Zawaideh released a statement: “I am pursuing this case because women should not have to tolerate harassment at work. Shaun White should not be allowed to do whatever he wants just because he is famous. Although I am embarrassed to have been treated this way, I cannot sit by and watch him do this to other women.” The parties both settled for an undisclosed amount in May 2017.
Thanks to koushiba for informing us about this stuff