- Youtube stars Meg Turney and Gavin Free were forced to hide in their closet and call 911 after an obsessed fan broke into their house with a gun
- Man, described by police as "single, lonely and disturbed", drove 11 hours from New Mexico to Austin after growing infatuated by Turney's youtube videos
- Couple hid in bedroom closet while the man searched the house and fired at least one shot inside the house
- Police arrived as the man returned to his car and attempted to drive off. Officers ordered him to stop, man shot at the officers who then fired back, killing the man.
- Man's phone had recordings of him saying "I want Gavin Free to die alone, with no children"
Hey everyone. I just wanted to say thanks for all the support and concern regarding the recent incident. It’s been a rough time for Meg and myself the last few weeks but we are doing ok. I want to give a huge thanks to @Austin_Police for the amazing response time. ❤️ you all.— Gavin Free (@GavinFree) February 13, 2018
Thank y’all so, so much for each and every kind message today and a special thank you to the @Austin_Police for their quick response that night and their ongoing support during this difficult time. Heart you guys so much. ♥️— Meg Turney (@megturney) February 13, 2018
Source 1 2
So scary, my worst nightmare is someone breaking into my house.