- Calvin Harris released ‘Funk Wav Bounces Vol 1’ last June.
- He was nominated for Producer of the Year at the 2018 Grammys but lost out to Foo Fighters and Liam Gallagher producer Greg Kurstin.
- He had previously won a Grammy in 2013 for Best Short Form Music Video for Rihanna collaboration "We Found Love."
- This year, he "grew a big ol beard in order to be taken seriously by the Grammys as a producer."
- Unfortunately, the beard didn't help him win.
- Last year, Liam Gallagher was asked whether DJs have become the new rock stars, and he replied, "Did they? Not in my world, they haven’t. What, Calvin fuckin’ Harris? The most boring fucking person? Fuck off, mate… I’ll tell you what they’ve become: the new accountants!" (tbh, Calvin's beard post sort of proves his point...)
- Now that his beard is gone, Calvin will continue his residency in Vegas through 2020. Last year, he was named the highest-paid DJ on the planet by the continual highest-paid rankings providers at Forbes.
Sources: 1, 2
ONTD, what do you think of Calvin's dadstache?