Exclusive: Mark Wahlberg refused to approve Christopher Plummer unless he was paid https://t.co/5KqQKPNO70— USA TODAY (@USATODAY) January 12, 2018
- The reason Wahlberg was paid $1.5 while his co-star and co-lead Michelle Williams was paid about $80 a day was because his contract included a clause that he was able to approve co-stars
- The costs of re-shoots were included in his original contract however Wahlberg threatened to not approve Plummer if he wasn't paid extra
- Plummer was brought on to replace Kevin Spacey after allegations that Spacey had molested and groped young boys came to light
- Williams, Plummer and director Ridley Scott were all eventually nominated for Golden Globes for their work on the film
- Director Ridley Scott initially told journalists during the press tour that all the actors had agreed to re-shoot their scenes. He now feels "betrayed and angry" that Wahlberg requested and was granted so much money
This greedy criminal.