· On Monday, Disney shut down parts of California Adventures' "Paradise Pier" to begin redesigning two of the park's most famous rides, California Screamin' & Mickey's Fun Wheel.
· California Screamin' will become The Incredicoaster, a mid-century modern ride inspired by The Incredibles. The gondolas of Mickey's Fun Wheel will each feature a different Pixar character (Mickey's face will remain on the side of the ride)
· The rides are expected to reopen on June 14th, to coincide with the release of The Incredibles 2 but the park will offer a sneak peek during Pixar Fest, which starts on April 13th
· The park also closed Games of the Boardwalk, Ariel's Grotto & Cove Bar, and the boardwalk shop called Sideshow Shirts, which will all be getting a Pixar makeover
· Toy Story Midway Mania will remain open throughout the renovation, and the other rides along the pier - Silly Symphony Swings, Golden Zephyr, etc - will be known as "Paradise Park"
Pixar Pier staff meeting:— Frank Nicold-as-hell out here (@FJNicolosi) January 8, 2018
"How do we retheme a coaster that emphasizes screaming loudly in a land immersed in Pixar?"
rip paradise pier, you were cute pic.twitter.com/uK2dECGrUF— soup wizard (@tatiannag_) January 8, 2018
Saying goodbye to Paradise Pier today! 💚 pic.twitter.com/VgUTpZCfkv— Tenani (@Tenani) January 7, 2018
Goodbye forever Ariel’s Grotto & Paradise Pier pic.twitter.com/WVqWgoIbag— S. (@_missj0hnson) January 7, 2018
I have to say that I honestly like Paradise Pier but from a distance. Looking at it from across the bay is a very “Disneyland” moment.— EPCOT Explorer (@EPCOTExplorer) January 8, 2018
Paradise Pier’s 1900s aesthetics should have been embellished and refined, not stripped away for nonsensical Pixar tie-ins. Pixar isn’t a theme.
While I understand a company’s need to reinforce its brands, I am v disappointed in the decision to turn Paradise Pier into Pixar Pier. What’s California about California Adventure anymore? You take the Hollywood Tower of Terror ride and make it— snddoɥ ʞɹɐɯ (@markhoppus) January 9, 2018
a Guardians of the Galaxy ride. Soarin’ over California is now Soarin’ over the World. Now the pier is all Pixar? Come on, man. This is v niche but also v important to me. Old school. Long live The People Mover.— snddoɥ ʞɹɐɯ (@markhoppus) January 9, 2018
source 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
ONTD are you for or against movie tie-ins at Disney parks?