Read the post about Mean Girls' Daniel Franzese harassment at the hands of Bijou Phillips on the set of Bully here
- in an episode of her podcast Shut Up and Listen actress Heather Matarazzo (of Welcome to the Dollhouse, The Princess Diaries, and The L Word fame) told gay actor Daniel Franzese that actress Bijou Phillips strangled her just before they filmed the 2007 horror film Hostel: Part II
- The day before they started shooting, there was a 'get to know you' party where Heather was not drinking as she had been sober for about a year.
- Heather's description of events:
"I remember the grey gloves. I remember the grey gloves. [Phillips] had thrown me up against a wall and put her hands around my neck and started choking me and choked me for a good 15, 20 seconds. And said, because she knew that I was sober based upon when we’d gotten there, we’d been offered pills by one of the producers to help us sleep, from the jet lag and the time difference. And I was like, ‘No, I don’t…. nope.’ I kept on getting offered and offered until I was like, “I’m sober, I don’t do that.” And so that night, when she had thrown me up against the wall and like, I mean I’ve experienced some horrifying moments in my life and I count that to be one of them."
- she also claims that Phillips said to her, “I’m going to make sure that you relapse on this film.” (she did not relapse)
- Heather did not tell the producers or director