- At a comics convention in Melbourne, Stan Lee was asked about the
possibilityupcoming Black Widow solo film that has been teased forever but hasn't happened yet because idiocy
- “One day there will be a Black Widow movie,” he stated
- Scarlett Johansson has gone back and forth about doing a solo film. She most recently expressed admiration for the character
since it saved her career...and has stated that she wants to explore more aspects of the character, stating “I think I can now start to peel them away and reveal different sides of her.” She also has said that her character's rich origin story has a potential to provide enough good material for a standalone film.
- Black Widow is currently the only founding member of The Avengers that does not have her own standalone film. Captain Marvel, starring
miscastBrie Larson will be Marvel's first female-solo outing.
- Taika Waititi previously mentioned that he wants to do a Black Widow comedy film
Make it happen, you Homophobic God of Comics! She's literally the only member of the original Avengers that doesn't have one.