- de la Huerta has known Weinstein since she was 14 when he produced The Cider House Rules which she appeared in
- They kept in contact and in 2010 they took a cab ride together and he invited himself up to her apartment where he proceeded to rape her
- He raped her a second time when he appeared in her hotel lobby, again invited himself up to her apartment and again raped her (she says she was too drunk to consent)
- Because the rapes happened in 2010 they fall within the NYC statute of limitations
- de la Huerta has been interviewed by the N.Y.P.D.
- She also is backed up by the therapist she was seeing at the time who she told about the rapes as well as a journalist who interviewed her in 2014 when she revealed she had been raped by Weinstein but refused to go on the record about it