- Instead of a town, you're in a camp & can deck out your trailer / camp.
- You still have a mortgage to pay off. Instead of Tom Nook, you'll owe bells to 3 penguins.
- You can finally change your skin color.
- You need to do favors for animals in the hopes they'll visit your camp. Animals also have different aesthetic tastes.
- Travel to an island, a river, a forest or a beach to fish, catch bugs, pick fruits etc.
- Furniture can be crafted by combining collectibles.
- You can add friend codes - then visit & buy things from their camp's Market Box. Also, friends reduce $ cost for some activities.
- Seasonal events, like Christmas.
- Free, but monetized with Leaf Tickets. Want faster-building furniture, fashion, travel, a swimming pool, a fishing net or materials? Pay up.
- Daily Goals can get you some Leaf Tickets without paying.
- Tom Nook will shake you down for microtransactions. Cyrus the Alpaca builds your furniture / amenities. The Able Sisters have clothes. Shoes from Kicks. OK Motors for campers.
Edit: It's already out a month early (soft launch) on Google Play Australia (.APK works in any country) & iTunes Australia (Needs Australian account).