Director Luca Guadagnino and stars Armie Hammer, Timothee Chalamet and Michael Stuhlbarg attended a Q+A session on the 4th. It was streamed live on Facebook, and you can watch it here. Some highlights:
- Luca hates the process of shooting a film, which is why he likes to work with people he has known for a long time, so they can gossip.
- They filmed a kind of love scene between Michael Stuhlbarg and Amira Casar, Elio's parents, which ended up being cut.
- Timmy spent a month in Italy before filming began, learning Italian and how to play the guitar and piano.
- Armie found it strange to go from playing Oliver to then being immersed in Elio's perspective when recording the audiobook for the novel.
- They were each asked what their favourite classic film was. Luca said "Journey to Italy," Armie said "Cool Hand Luke," Timmy said "Night of the Hunter" and Michael said "Cabaret".
Source 1 2 3 4