"It absolutely could have been prevented. Joi was totally unqualified" https://t.co/dQVeTFhrB4— Hollywood Reporter (@THR) 16. August 2017
- SJ Harris died performing a motorcycle stunt on set
- Harris was a race-driver, and not an experienced stunt person.
- Deadpool was her first movie job
- stunt experts think that the nature of that motorcycle stunt called for an experienced stunt driver, and that Harris was only hired bc of her likeness to Zazie Beetz
- Steve Kelso, longtime stunt cordinated who also worked on the Fast and the Furious movies:
"I do tons of NASCAR stuff, and I have hired real NASCAR drivers to do work and they end up wrecking the cars. I can’t tell you how much different it is doing stunts with motorcycles than just riding where the aim is to go really, really fast. I’m a professional race car driver, but it’s just day and night. There’s no comparison. The two don’t really mix. Being a professional motorcycle rider is only half the job, the other half is knowing all the parameters and the art of making movies.”