News: Move over Frank Darabont. Now ALL the Walking Dead creators are suing AMC. Damages could reach $1 billion. https://t.co/irpkhl51cP— Matthew Belloni (@THRMattBelloni) August 14, 2017
- Co-creator Frank Darabont was the one who initially filed a suit after he was fired off of the show in the second season, he alleges AMC withheld about $280 million in profits
- Now other producers and creators for the show have filed a new lawsuit
- Co-creator Robert Kirkman and producers Gale Anne Hurd, Glen Mazzara and David Alpert are the ones involved in this new lawsuit
- To sum up why they're suing: AMC production branch produces the show and then "sells" the rights to air the show to the AMC distribution part of the company. The producers and co-creators are supposed to get a percentage of the profits based on what the show is sold for, but AMC keeps selling the show to itself for cheap (around $2 mil an episode when they paid out $30 mil for the rights to air their other hits Mad Men and Breaking Bad) thus claiming that they are not making much money off the show and keeping the profits for themselves
- AMC calls the accusations baseless
- Article speculates that damages could approach $1 billion
ONTD, what would you do with a billion dollars?