The Hugo awards are a fantasy/sci-fi prize.
- Women completely dominated the awards
- N.K. Jemisin, who last year became the first black author to win Best Novel (for 'The Fifth Season'), won AGAIN in the same category this year with 'The Obelisk Gate' (second in the Broken Earth series). She is the first woman to pull off two Best Novel wins in a row since Lois McMaster Bujold in 1991-92.
- GRRM presented the Best Series award to Lois McMaster Bujold for The Vorkosigan Saga
- 'Every Heart a Doorway' by Seanan McGuire won Best Novella
- Ursula K. Le Guin won Best Related Work for 'Words Are My Matter: Writings About Life and Books, 2000-2016'
- 'Monstress vol. 1' by Marjorie Liu/Sana Takeda won Best Graphic Story
source 1 2
whatcha reading, ONTD?