* Actor James Lafferty on the day of shooting: "It was one of the few moments I can remember where everybody was talking about it. Like, when you walked into the makeup trailer, or you know, even a transportation driver has read it and you’re talking about it with them. Pretty much the first person you saw, it was the main topic of conversation."
* Schwahn on the criticism post-episode that the show had jumped the shark: "First of all, we were more than 100 episodes in. Second of all, we jumped the shark in, like, Episode 2. Nathan and Haley got married in high school."
* Script coordinator Bryan Garcia on the scene's legacy: "I always tell people: If we had done this super-earnest version [of that story], no one would be talking about it all these years later. To this day, everyone says, 'Oh, you worked on One Tree Hill? That’s where that dog ate Dan’s heart, right?'"
* The dog managed to get the heart and run with it in one take. The ep's director Joe Davola on what came next: "And then I said to myself, 'Now I got to get Chad’s reaction.' That was probably the bigger challenge."
* Chad Michael Murray declined to comment for the article.
Sources: 1, 2
where were you on the day that the dog ate dan's heart, ontd?