- was in a treatment facility last year for depression and anxiety
- acknowledges sometimes she can look 15
- is in a really happy and healthy place (she mentions this a lot)
- doesn't recommend being a child star
- still goes to therapy
- has learned to say 'no'
- wants to tour again someday
- wants to use her platform to speak out about health, happiness and charities
- designed a bag for coach hence the interview & photos
on cancelling her tour:
'Last year I canceled my tour and went away for 90 days, and it was the best thing that I ever could’ve done. I had no phone, nothing, and I was scared. But it was amazing, and I learned a lot.'
on social media making her insecure:
'You have ugly people trying to get negative things from you, and the energy makes you feel bad about yourself. You can’t help it.'
on 13 reasons why being controversial:
'I think if our show is able to start a conversation at the dinner table, even if it’s just “That’s terrible” or “That was great,” it’s still starting a conversation. It scared people, but it’s really important.'
sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8